At Franklin Lakes UMC (FLUMC), we believe that Christian Education is important for people of all ages and backgrounds. Adults need to challenge themselves, grow in faith, and seek the path of discipleship. We offer different options for different needs. We run one adult program on Sunday mornings at 9:00am focusing on a book or theme in the Bible, or a current topical issue such as prayer, addictions, parenting, etc. These are short-term classes, with new offerings every 4-12 weeks. Our classes are taught by the pastor and other leaders within the congregation, as well as by a number of area clergy and professionals who are brought in for their special skills and knowledge. You are welcome to come for one class, or join a whole series. We hope you’ll join us!
|Monthly Book Cub
Each month members of the church gather for a monthly book club meeting. Members of the congregation lead this small group. The books range in topic for religious to spiritual, best sellers to classic reads. New members are always welcome! Contact the church office for times/dates.
|Other Adult Education Opportunities.
From time to time we have other opportunities for adult education, both within the congregation and in the larger community, joining with other churches, or through participation in United Methodist district and conference events. Some examples: Book Studies Lay Speaking Courses Stewardship Seminar Multicultural Training Academy, etc.
- CUMAC/ECHO, a food pantry in Paterson;
- CAMP- Y.D.P., an after-school and summer program for disadvantaged children in Paterson;
- Valley Hospital Pastoral Care Dept;
- Bergen County Council of Churches;
- The Quigg Family, our missionaries in mission aviation ministry;
- Palisades District Union, which supports mission work in northeast New Jersey;
- Interreligious Fellowship for the Homeless in Bergen County;
- Center for Food Action in Mahwah;
- Habitat for Humanity in Paterson;
- Center for Creative Living, which provides counseling in our community;
- Aldersgate Camp Fund, ensuring that children get financial aid to go to camp;
- United Methodist HHomes, which cares for retires throughout NJ;
- Meals on Wheels, serving the community of Franklin Lakes;
- Community Garden, provides fresh Vegetables to residents of Franklin Lakes and Patterson